2/11/2012

Blutmond - Stop the Rain, Neuzeit Jesus review

So, today I was suggested by Dysfunktion to listen to a track by Blutmond, ''Stop the Rain, Neuzeit Jesus''.

At first, I didn't exactly like the screamed (not the black metal shrieks, those were awesome) vocals. I felt that they were a little too much, but after a couple of listens, it all really grew on me. And yeah, those were the bad comments, which means there's plenty of good ones to come.

I loved the guitars, they sound quite ''urban'' might I say. Just the way I like them. Some tremolo picking, even slower parts... really great stuff! The drums are also quite cool, played in a very fast manner. The sound itself is very appealing. The producer did a really good job.

Harsh black metal vocals usually feel out of place in this genre, but here that's not the case. They really fit well. As for the clean ones, they remind me greatly of the Arctic Plateau vocalist.

I give it a 8,5 / 10.


Listen to the track here.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen